The Intel® Teach Pre-Service Program
Intel® Teach Program courses promote standards-aligned, project-based approaches to learning with appropriate use of technology. The Faculty Review provides hands-on exploration of Intel Teach content and course design for integration into existing college course syllabi or development of new courses. The Faculty Review event, access to online tools and resources, all materials and ongoing customer support are provided without charge.
Faculty who complete the 3-day review are certified to utilize one or both courses in ore-service and/or in-service classes and to order free materials, including curriculum CDs for use as "textbooks".
To support the pedagogical approaches necessary for digital age learners, both courses incorporate Web 2.0 resources and social networking tools for higher-order thinking, assessment, collaboration, and communication.
- Participation is open only to faculty (full-time or adjunct) who teach pre-service teachers and/or courses that address planning for instruction.
- Intermediate Technology Skills
- Each faculty is expected to utilize the curriculum with at least 10 teachers per academic year
- Intel Teach Essentials Course: Establish a foundation of skills to fully integrate technology, formative assessments, and student-centered learning (online course environment available)
- Intel Teach Thinking With Technology: Build effective technology integration skills, using free online tools to sharpen students' higher-order thinking
May 26, 27 and 28, 2009
New York Institute of Technology
300 Carleton Avenue
Room 236 Computer Lab
Central Islip, NY 11722
To apply in New York State please contact:
or call Pat Warren at 631.348.3317
For more information on the Intel® Teach Program, visit: www.intel.com/education/teach/preservice
Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 April 2009 13:51